Quick Guide to NeuroTennis
Overview of Buttons
Each of the NT200 buttons can have multiple functions, depending on whether you press and release, or you press and hold (for about 3 sec.)
“Source” / Device-to-Device Pairing
Press to set the “source” that triggers instructions. “Source My hits” means you will only hear instructions right after you hit the ball. “Source opponent hits” means you will only hear them when your opponent hits the ball. Finally, “source both” means you will receive instructions in both situations. “Source both” is recommended if you are playing with a partner. “Source both” is only possible if you have paired the two devices with each other (see below).
Press and hold at the same time as your opponent presses the same button in order to pair the two devices with each other.
Frequency / Bluetooth Pairing with App
Press to set frequency of instructions while hitting.
Press and hold to initiate Bluetooth pairing with your phone. On an iPhone, you pair with the NT device from your phone’s settings.
Play / Pause
Press to start your lesson. Once the lesson has begun, pressing this button reminds you of the current drill. Press again within 2 seconds to advance to the next drill.
Press and hold to pause the current lesson. When you hear “Lesson Paused”, you can press and hold again to switch from the default lesson to the custom lesson, or vice versa.
Volume / Return Coaching Instruction (indicated by “R”)
Press to set volume level.
Press and hold to hear a “Return” coaching instruction. Do this before getting into your ready position to return. Note: you will only hear an instruction if the current drill contains instructions whose trigger is “Return”.
Sensitivity / Serve Coaching Instruction (indicated by “S”)
Press to set impact sensitivity. “Max” is usually a good setting, but you may hear instructions even when you are not hitting the ball, such as when you tap your racket on the net.
Press and hold to hear a “Return” coaching instruction. Do this before getting into your ready position to return. Note: you will only hear an instruction if the current drill contains instructions whose trigger is “Return”
Charging and Power
Your NT200 can typically run for about 2.5 hours on a full charge. Actual duration will depend on factors such as coaching instruction frequency and volume level.
To charge your device:
- If your device is on, turn it off by pressing and holding the power button for 3 sec.
- Open charge port gently (see picture).
NOTE: Avoid getting moisture, clay, or dirt into the charge port.
- Plug in Android-style Micro-USB charger (cable provided).
- LED will blink while charging.
- LED will turn solid when charging is complete. While in use, NT will tell you if its battery level is low.
Powering On and Off
- To power on, press and hold power button for 3 sec.
- LED will illuminate.
- Listen for “NeuroTennis” announcement.
- To play in partner mode, make sure both devices are on, and follow instructions for pairing devices under “Pairing”. For solo mode, just press “Play” to begin.
- To power off, press and hold power button for 3 sec.